Healthcare Reform, Stinker Style

Posted by ZenMom Sunday, November 22, 2009

My little guy ADORES his Daddy. Whenever I go to do something for him he yells, "NO! I want Daddy."

I should be hurt, right? Well, there are some definite benefits to this arrangement. Daddy is the only one allowed to put him to bed, to give him a bath and get him changed.

Not to shabby if you ask me.

One of daddy's duties is the reading of nightly stories. And one of his favorites is Pajama Time.

Seems it left its mark on the little guy. Just last night, as he was getting ready to retire he announced it was time for a Pajama Party. Then he promptly instructed both his dad and I to put our PJs on and join in the fun.

The thing that always amazes me is, we did it. This kid is going to rule the world some day, of this I'm sure.

There we all sat, at the late hour of 7 pm, in our PJs doing all sorts of pajama party type things. We played games, sang songs, and even danced. But then, almost as quickly as it started, the soiree ended.

The Little Stinker was off like a flash, heading downstairs to obviously terrorize his older siblings. Or so we thought.

We really should have known better. When will we ever, ever learn.

You see, a few minutes later the lad reappeared -- this time sporting his doctor's kit in hand.

Huh?

Seems our party had now morphed into one wicked game of doctor -- the innocent kind of course (shame on you, this is a family blog you know!)

Included in his kit was one stethoscope, one thermometer, a couple of Band-Aids and of course, the requisite Crucifix.

What?

A Crucifix?

Yep. Hubby and I both looked at each other quite concerned with what might be coming next.  Doogie Howser meets the Exorcist?

So, trying my hardest to keep a straight faced, I queried my youngest.

"Dear....what's that for?"

The look he gave me was quintessential Stinker.   One that screamed, "Mom, how could you be so ignorant?" And then -- in the best Revival Preacher impersonation I've heard in a long time -- he proclaimed:

"Jesus has come to save you.  He's come to give you medicine."

So for any of you concerned about current state of health care in this country, have no fear.  Between the Little Stinker and his Friend, we'll all be just fine.
Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

7 comments

  1. He sounds like a handful and I can relate to the little ones ruling the house. My 3 1/2 year old has been running ours since the day we brought her home from the hospital. We are going to be so sorry when she gets older!

    Thank God we have our blogs to vent through!

     
  2. Maya Says:
  3. Hahaha. Kids are so creepy!

     
  4. Liz Mays Says:
  5. Your little pajama party sounded just adorable. And what he said with the crucifix was hilarious!!!

     
  6. Janie B Says:
  7. What a smart little cookie you have!

     
  8. Blogs Says:
  9. Awwww... I wish my kids wanted their daddy...they're always stuck up ma's hiney!:)

     
  10. Theta Mom Says:
  11. Kids say the funniest (or craziest things)...great blog material!

     
  12. Unknown Says:
  13. My almost 4 year old twins definitely rule our household. It's incredible how they manage to wrap us around their little fingers!

    Popped by to say hi after seeing you over on Lee's blog (Headaches, Hormones, & Hotflashes). I enjoy meeting other moms who blog....

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'm your newest follower!

     

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates