Ain't He Sweet?

Posted by ZenMom Wednesday, November 18, 2009



The last few days our Little Stinker has been....well, a stinker. And not a little one either. His mood has been so cranky, so ornery he's been promoted to a Mammoth, Super-Sized Stinker.

Last night he peaked. Yelling, hitting, screaming -- you name it he did it. Figures we had company over at the time. Why is it they always save the best behavior for an audience?

My guest, taking pity on me, took the little guy outside to play. She took him all bundled up to play in the snow.

The quiet was wonderful.  I got all sorts of things done, and no one was hurt in the process.  When the door finally opened and the little guy reappeared a change had occurred.  No more sour puss, just a really cute kid with a grin from ear to ear.  Then before I knew it I was whisked outside myself, for my own private viewing of his new creation.

Seems he had a hankering to build some snowmen.  Not just any snowmen mind you.  He carefully crafted three snowman to take on the likenesses of mom, dad and, of course, the little guy.  In case you can't make them out, let me give you the run-down.



This is his self-portrait.  Don't be alarmed, he does have two arms. One just got mistaken for a fetching toy by our over-exuberant dog.  It was later foun, in tack and all was well again in the world.


 

This handsome hunk is Dad -- complete with Hitleresque mustache.   You see, until a few days ago, hubby had sported a mustache.  When he shaved it off, the little guy was not happy.  This is his form of protest.
 

 

And this looker is me.  Mommy.  Notice how the face just fades into a big lumpy mass for the rest of the body.  The resemblance is uncanny.  Thanks, kid.

  Sorry to bore all of you with this sugary sweet stuff.  But this was just too cute to pass up.  Good thing too.  We were ready to ship the imp off to Siberia.  Instead he has been demoted back down to the Little Stinker.  Yes, at the ripe old age of three he's figured out how to work us.  That's OK, because its moments like this that make me so happy to be Mommy.
 


Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

8 comments

  1. I admit- the snowmen are cute- but that much snow already!?! I live in MN and we are still bone dry!

     
  2. Lee Says:
  3. Very cute!! My son stops speaking and gives me the stink eye when he is pissed. I hate to be ignored...then I get pissed....then he gets more pissed...soon we are just pissing all over ourselves and it is just not fun!

     
  4. Theta Mom Says:
  5. I don't even want to think about snow!!! They are cute, though. Moments that make motherhood worth the ride for sure!

     
  6. I love it!!! Glad he chilled out, literally. and those pics are the best!

     
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Cute snowmen!! Once when my oldest was little I was bored and made my own snowman while she just goofed around. My snowman and woman were anatomically correct.

    I amused myself :-)

    Following you from MBC! I really like your blog!!

     
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. haha, love his artistry!

     
  11. 2Wired2Tired Says:
  12. Those are adorable! How nice of your guest to take him outside to give you a break. It's it amazing how kids can drive you to your breaking point and then do something to just melt your heart?

     
  13. 2Wired2Tired Says:
  14. Those are adorable! How nice of your guest to take him outside to give you a break. It's it amazing how kids can drive you to your breaking point and then do something to just melt your heart?

     

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates