What a Week -- And Its Only Wednesday

Posted by ZenMom Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm afraid you'll find no humor, no sarcasm here this evening.  I try to keep things light on this blog, but just can't manage it tonight.  It would be too dishonest.

Life has been difficult these past few weeks.  Although I don't touch on it much, I have two kids with some special needs.  Over the past year, both have them has had their share of issues.  And over the last few weeks one in particular has showed some serious decline.  It all came to a head a week ago and we've been dealing with the fall out ever since.

While things are marginally better, we're all pretty jaded and exhausted.  When you have a child with special needs it not only affects them or you, but everyone in the household.  I find myself running around in circles as I try to put out fire after fire.

So right now, I just ask for your thoughts and prayers while we sort through the mess that is our lives.   Hopefully I'll be in a more Zen-like mood soon next time you come to visit.

A Definite Downer,

Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

10 comments

  1. Lee Says:
  2. I hope it all turns out okay...for you and the kids. You don't always have to be funny, and I am thinking of you.

     
  3. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that things are hard, or harder, right now. Thinking of you and sending hugs. I hope it works out. I don't know what your special needs kids have going on, but I've gone thru some stuff with my kids in that department over the years, and nothing is more stressful.
    Hang in there.

     
  4. Ms. G Says:
  5. You got it. Hope things begin to smooth out for you.

     
  6. Hoping you can put some of those for out for good. Life is incredibly stressful, it's okay to have a melt down every once in awhile...

     
  7. Susan Fobes Says:
  8. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't so good. Don't worry about keeping things light-be true to yourself. Hang in there...

     
  9. Amy Says:
  10. I offer peaceful thoughts. Being a mom of Fing hard ass work. Sorry you guys are going through a tough phase.

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Prayers sent your way...hoping things are easing up and less stressful for all.

     
  13. Janie B Says:
  14. Hang in there, my friend. ((Hugs))

     
  15. Gibby Says:
  16. Hoping tomorrow is a better day!

     
  17. I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time lately. Hang in there - I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

     

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates