Long Time, No Write

Posted by ZenMom Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wow!  Its been so long since I last posted, I don't know where to start.  I'm not even sure what happened to cause my daily venting sessions to cease.  Its not like we had any huge crises or major announcements or anything remotely interesting.

It all started a couple of weeks ago, when I decided to do a little work on my blog design.  And that's never a good thing.

Let's just say I got a tad hyper-focused in the process.  For a whole week, I ate, slept and dreamed tweaks.  Why, I spent an entire weekend in my room on my computer trying to figure out how different programs could help me accomplish the beautiful vision I had in my head.  Yep, its true, I really know how to have a good time.

God, I've come to hate those visions.  They're always the same. The idea seems so simple and amazingly straight forward.   Why I can pump it out in a matter of no time. 

Too bad that's not the way it works -- at least in my world.  Hours (or days) later, I'm left swearing at my trusty little laptop and my family is left to figure out who the strange, crazed woman is...the one seen emerging from her bedroom from time to time, looking more like a psych ward patient than their beloved mother.

All because I can never seem to recreate the stupid idea that's dancing around in my head.  And being the flexible, take-it-as-it-is kind of person I am, I can't seem to let go and move on.

So after all that, my blog remains untouched. 

Kind of.

As I tried to input my new, mediocre design, I totally screwed up my posts, my sidebars and everything else.  For the first time in my life, I can totally understand why Mr. Van Gogh went after his own ear.

Being creative is overrated, totally obsessive and wreaks havoc with family life.   So next time I try to implement another totally inspired, yet illusive idea, you have my permission to do an intervention.  Or maybe just politely remind me to read my own blog.

Sanity is fleeting,
Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

9 comments

  1. Janie B Says:
  2. I'm terrible about technical computer stuff. I'd ruin mine for sure if I tried to change it. Good luck getting the look you want.

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. I have done exactly the same thing... so, you're definately not alone in the creative process that can drive us all crazy!

    Glad you're back.
    I personally don't care what your blog looks like, it's "you" that I come to visit... ;)

    ((hugs))

     
  5. If you really want to change up your blog, do what I did and hire a professional! Some things just aren't worth learning the hard way Lol!

     
  6. Susan Fobes Says:
  7. I can relate. My blog looks pretty good except on my smart phone and when the computer monitor is on the lowest resolution and it's driving me crazy! It's got to be perfect, right? LOL!

     
  8. Sounds familiar!

    I switched to WordPress a few moths back and I worked like a maniac (my husband too) for 4 days straight trying to make the move.

    I did it. Then I sometimes I wonder why. I don't get paid to blog. Is it an obsession? Guess I just like it.

    And by the way, when I switched to WP all of my blog feeds through Blogger got screwed up. That's why in your blogroll my last post listed is from two months ago. Yikes. I think you have to unsubscribe and subscribe again.

    Sorry, I'm long winded tonight, but your blog is great no matter what...

     
  9. Mandee Says:
  10. Well that stinks!
    That is the exact reason I just pay someone else to do my blog design...ha ha! I can write (or at least I try) but I am no web designer by any means. I leave that to the experts b/c it just frustrates me and makes me want to give up.

    Good luck to you! Glad you are back! :)

     
  11. Herman Says:
  12. Oh, I totally know what that's like! I did the same a few weeks back. My husband now forbids 'just want to ...' statements in relation to my blog! lol

     
  13. Sanity may be fleeting, but it's also entirely overrated. I can't do techno stuff at all, so I bow to your even trying...

     
  14. I think your blog looks great!!!!! Welcome back from design-land!

     

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates