Why Is This Getting Harder?

Posted by ZenMom Monday, September 14, 2009

When I first started this blog, it seemed inspiration was everywhere. I found myself stealing away every chance I got to recapture moment after moment. I was cracking myself up.

Then came the school year. All the kids gone, hours without interruption. So why is it, I can't seem to find the time to write? Or even worse, anything to write about? It makes no sense. But then again, having an uncanny knack for doing things a tad differently than most, I shouldn't be surprised.

I have several theories forming at the moment. First, we've all been sick, and boy, nothing kills creativity like the flu. Then there's the fact that now that I'm here by myself, I'm noticing all those pesky projects that have gone unnoticed for a very, very long while. They keep calling me like some sick stalker.

I've also had the fleeting thought that maybe, just maybe, I'm just losing touch with my creative side.  Fleeting is the operative word in that last sentence, 'cause I'm not ready to go there yet.

Of all these ideas, the one that keeps coming back to me is material. Let's face it, with four kids under foot this summer, we were swimming in it. Chances were good that at any given moment there was someone doing something that was worth noting. Now, with all the peace and quiet, all I seem to have left is,,,peace and quiet.  And while this might be the road to personal fulfillment, it sure can be boring. So what's a girl to do?

Right now, I'm going to enjoy my moments of solace.  A rarity in these parts,  I liken them to those days of youth.  They'll be gone before I know it.

Then, I'll start tackling some of my projects.  Knowing my luck with power tools, or tools of any type actually, I'm sure the material will present itself quickly enough.  And then those creative juices will flow.

In the meantime, I'm just going to lay my head down for a quick nap....Ah, you gotta love peace and quiet, don't you?.



Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates