In Search of My Happy Place

Posted by Accidental Expert Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First I have a confession to make. I'm definitely not the picture of calm. Blame my Mediterranean heritage, but I'm not exactly what you'd call even-keeled. That doesn't stop me from trying though. In the crazy, mixed up world that is my life, I keep searching for a place where peace, calm and tranquility rule.

This is a challenge because of confession #2. I'm no Super Mom either. Organizationally-challenged is more like it. I leave the house without makeup, am not the best housekeeper on the block and am often afraid to look in my purse for fear of what might be growing inside.

Pretty pathetic, I know. But I do have one thing going for me. Four kids, two dogs, one cat, a guinea pig and a salamander -- and whatever pond creature my son happens to bring home -- make our house a source of constant amusement. Not always ours, but someone's.

With entertainment like this, who needs perfection? Join me in my fight against chaos and hopefully my crooked journey will offer some humor, fun and inspiration along the way. After all, if I can find my Happy Place in this life, I'm pretty sure anyone can. Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Tweet It! Facebook

Zen and the Art of Motherhood

Twitter Updates